Aditya Jyot Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, R and D unit of Aditya Jyot Foundation for Twinkling Little Eyes
AJRVO is recognized by the Indian Government’s Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO).
Our vision is to establish cutting edge research and technology to understand the bio-mechanism of eye diseases and to discover novel therapeutic approaches including gene therapy, regenerative medicine
With our ophthalmic clinical expertise, we can translate research to better therapies for human eye conditions.
Age related Macular Degeneration
Inherited Eye Disorders
Paediatric Eye Diseases
We are working in basic and transnational research to develop novel therapies, application of gene therapy and cell therapy in ophthalmology.
We have started basic genetic research lab and Genetic Clinic. Through which we can provide patients personalized counseling and can focus on the molecular basis of diseases.
Our major focus is to study genomics and proteomics of diabetic retinopathy, age related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract, myopia and inherited eye diseases.
We are equipped with basic genetic research facility.
Gene therapy and stem cell therapy are overlapping areas of biomedical research with similar therapeutic goals. In stem cell therapy, whole cells are infused or transplanted into a patient for the treatment of inherited and acquired diseases. The eye is considered an immune-privileged site, in that cells implanted there are less likely to be rejected than they might be in other parts of the body. Research Focus Age-Related Macular Degeneration
The purpose of the biobank is to collect and store human samples and clinical information. The stored samples will then be used by researcher in future studies.
Indian Ophthalmic Image Reading Centre
The mission of this centre is to advance the development of ophthalmic image interpretation and its role in advancing the understanding of treatments for preventing blindness through collaborative clinical research.
AJFTLE can provide primary eye care services through reading center for improving eye care delivery in the country and enhancing access to services in difficult to reach areas and rural, urban slums of India.
Key Features of This Model:
- Linkage between hospitals: Tele-link
- Centralized reading center for FP, OCT, FFA
- Creating awareness regarding eye related disorders and primary eye care
Epidemiological studies are used to plan and evaluate strategies to prevent illness and as a guide to the management of patients in whom disease hazel ready developed. It is the cornerstone of public health and shapes policy decisions and evidence-based practice by identifying risk factors for disease and targets for preventive health care.
To provide comprehensive ocular medicare benefits to underserved population for various ocular diseases.
- To create awareness about different blinding conditions and provide service via a pocket based approach in slums of all the wards of Mumbai.
- To provide comprehensive ocular examination services and if disease condition is diagnosed then to provide appropriate eye care.
- To evaluate the prevalence of diabetes and its influence in different blinding conditions.
- To identify socio-economic status and other (health) risk factors associated with different blinding conditions
- To understand the biology of disease mechanisms.
- To create a genetic database to be utilized for designing diagnostic panel for early prediction of disease manifestation